Essential Oils and Pregnancy | Video On Demand
A day long intensive designed for doulas and new moms. Join Amy Galper and explore what essential oils are best for pregnancy and new motherhood. We will study and discuss safe practices, powerful and effective applications as well as recommendations best for newborns and infants.
Get confident is knowing what essential oils to use and how to use them! Learn some simple recipes to incorporate into your self-care and mama-routine.
In the class we will:
- Examine 7 of the safest essential oils to use during pregnancy and new motherhood
- Learn how to formulate super simple mama-ready recipes to soothe babies and tired caregivers.
- Explore innovative ways to apply essential oils, that are safe, calming and effective
- Grasp how to determine quality and what to look for when purchasing essential oils
- Learn the key therapeutic actions of all essential oils and base carrier ingredients used in class.
- Get a peek into the rich history of aromatic medicine.
What does the class come with?
The Essential Oils + Pregnancy course comes with:
- The recorded video from the live class with Amy Galper.
- PDF file of the Class presentation.
- E-booklet covering 7 safe essential oils during pregnancy and sample formulations in a downloadable pdf!
Amy Galper, B.A., M.A., Dipl. AT, the pioneering educator behind NYIOA, has been a Certified Aromatherapist since 2001, as well as a passionate advocate, entrepreneur, formulator and consultant in organic beauty and wellness.
As an entrepreneur, Amy applied her mind-body vision to the world of beauty, developing an award winning, yoga-inspired line of body care products called Buddha Nose, one of the first organic brands to create national awareness of the need for toxin-free beauty and body care products. She also produced a series of interactive pop-up shops called “The Yoga Beauty Bar” to celebrate artisan organic beauty brands while educating women to make more conscious beauty choices.
Over the past several years, Amy has also built a vibrant consultancy practice, offering her expertise—in ingredient research and sourcing, product formulation, wellness event planning, USDA Certification and more—to a number of beauty and wellness brands. As the Education Director and Natural Beauty Expert for Credo Beauty, she supports the Credo Team as they pioneer the new paradigm for Clean Beauty.
Amy has appeared as a featured speaker at the Indie Beauty Expo, Women in Flavor & Fragrance Conference, and EcoSessions. She has been a guest lecturer at NYU, and is currently part of the Visiting Faculty at Arbor Vitae School of Traditional Herbalism in New York City, and is an online Instructor at The School of Aromatic Studies.
She has been featured on FOX NEWS, CUNY TV, and FAT MASCARA, and has been quoted as an aromatherapy expert for dozens of articles and posts about essential oils as seen in Cosmopolitan Magazine, Dr. OZ, Prevention, Well and Good, Mind Body Green, People and many many more.
Along with her training in aromatic plant medicine, Amy has a certification from the Ohashiatsu Institute, a B.A from Smith College and an M.A. from NYU—as well as a love of going off the grid with only her husband and a lot of relaxing essential oils.